View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 08:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady View Post
Hi invisible,
Welcome! Nice to meet you.

MS can come and go and some people never know they have it. It has been shown that people in their late 90's have an autopsy, upon natural death, and they see plenty of MS lesions in the brain, but they never had any real symptoms to bother them.

Others can have one or two and have many problems. Lesions can be very tiny and not show up for some time. Get and MRI or the brain and spine in a closed machine, with GAD dye (for the brain one) if you have no kidney problems to use that dye. It exits the kidneys (the dye).

Then if they think you need more testing get a LP or visual testing. VEP's it's called.

It takes years for some people to get a dx. Other people in days or weeks. You don't want a wrong DX.
Good luck to you.

That is a very low dose of Gabapetin for sensory symptoms. I thought the dose starts a 100 mg. in a tablet. I used to be on 2700 to 3600 mgs daily in the past.
Thank you all for your replies. My MRI saw 2 small hyper Foci, did not mention the word legion. Are they the same thing?
I did have a LP, all within normal range, can this appear normal in MS that has not progressed enough yet. I have so many sensory symptoms with no answers, I feel in my heart it has to be MS. I prickle every few seconds somewhere around the clock, head to toe. Can't help but feel Docs are missing something. Also wondered how long it takes for motor problems to show, is it odd to have sensory for over a year with no motor/walking issues?

Thanks Again.........Sorry for more questions.

Last edited by invisable; 09-22-2010 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Additional text to add
invisable is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lady (09-22-2010)