View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 09:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default SSDI for Neuropathy ???? for you all

First let me explain my situation, In Nov of 2008 I had chemo and radiation as well as brachytherapy for Stage 2b Cervical Cancer. I was on Cisplatin which is known to cause neuropathy. Honestly I felt great for the first 5 or 6 months after all my treatments. One day I put on sneakers and my foot honestly felt as though it was on fire, I dismissed it until a week later it started traveling up my leg , then to my other foot and leg!! Called my oncologist and went in she acted as though she didnt know much about neuropathy after treatment, I basicly lived like this for a few months till I started waking up with my legs kicking in the air and dying in pain. Pain that tylenol and motrin wouldnt touch. My oncologist sent me to a neurologist 2 weeks later EMG and found that I have neuropathy from either the chemo or radiation. Im going to assume it was the chemo because I had two severe allergic reactions to it.
Before Cancer, I was a VERY active person, I worked all day , and shuffled around my daughter every night with cheerleading , shopping , sleep overs , the gym. Being a single mom I did all the house chores , food shopping etc.
Well I honestly LOVED my life, I was so busy , worked a GREAT job in personal lines insurance and was quite proud of myself.
Neuropathy kicked in and all I can say is WOW. I can no longer go to the mall, I have gained 50 pounds because I am not to mobile.
I am on 200 percocet a month, 100 mgs of topamax, ( I was allergic to neurotin and cymbalta) wellbutrin 300 mgs and klonipin, and 2 30mg adderol. I dont think any of them really help they just make me so " retarded" that I think I am okay. I sleep much of the day because I am so medicated, I am VERY confused and I do not have good memory skills. My Dr calls this " chemo fog" I feel more like I have early on set althimers. I forget EVERYTHING even simple things like where I put my keys even if it has only been 5 minutes since I put them down. I forget what I am saying mid sentence.
Good news is , I am cancer free Bad news is I had to apply for SSDI.
I applied on April 5th of this year, just last week they sent me to see a psychiatrist who gave me some sort of memory test. IE , draw this picture, he told me 2 words and about 15 minutes later after more conversation asked me to remember them ( I could not) , we discussed my daily life, I had told him my daughter moved back in she is 26 to help me in the house.
I see and continue to see my oncologist, gynocologist oncologist, primary, neurologist and a LPN who is a therapist. All these drs have sent over medical forms requested.
Anyways, I am way over the 120 day mark that SSDI said they would have a determination for , just a couple weeks ago they set up the appt for thier dr to see me? I called TODAY and they STILL DID NOT HAVE AN ANSWER?
DOES THIS MEAN I AM LIKELY DENIED?? Im A WRECK!!
PLEASE FORGIVE MY SPELLING I KNOW THERE ARE ERRORS HOWEVER MY BRAIN NO LONGER FUNCTIONS PROPERLY!
THANKS FOR ANY ADVICE OR INPUT.
Jeanm1963 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote