View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 09:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

No, it doesn't automatically mean that you were denied.

You have to understand that this is the government, and they are slow. They get SO many applications and some are from people who are not disabled but just want a free handout, so they have to weed through a LOT of these each day.

Sometimes people apply for disability (both SSI and SSDI) and it takes YEARS to get. Just in the posts today, I've read that it has taken anywhere from as little as 10 weeks to as much as 5 1/2 years.

Don't assume there will be a denial... just wait to hear for sure. Working yourself up about it and stressing is NOT going to do you any good.

If you truly are disabled and are unable to work, you will most likely get it--it just takes times. Sometimes people get denied once, twice, or even up to 6 times. Just keep trying and pushing on... don't give up.

I am not on SSDI, but I applied for SSI and was accepted yesterday... the process only took 3 months total. I also have neuropathy, and it was a combination of the neuropathy plus POTS (which is the reason I am bedridden) that got me awarded for SSI.

That is unusual--usually it takes a lot longer. Be prepared to sit and wait... and wait... and wait... and then wait some more.

It hasn't even been 6 months since you have applied... so try to calm down and just continue to follow their instructions on what to do. It will all help you to get approved.

Good luck.

♥ "Hope is more than a word; it's a state of being. It's a firm belief God will come through. Life brings rain... hope turns every drop into the power to bloom like never before." -Holley Gerth ♥

My name is Sarah and I am 25 years old. I have a lot of chronic health problems. Peripheral neuropathy and POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome) keep me bedridden the majority of the time. I also struggle with degenerative disc disease, disc desiccation, spondylolisthesis, arthritis, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) with insulin resistance, allergies, sound sensitivities, and other health problems.
smae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jeanm1963 (09-22-2010)