View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 09:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Bulliemom,

It helped for about 4 months and then the pain was jumping over the dosage of 375mg. I didn't go up bc I was having spells of blurred vision, nausea, sickness in my head, and headaches. My neurologist thought it was the Carbatrol but she wasn't sure. I was only on Lyrica and Carbatrol at the time. My neurologist said it was time to see a neurosurgeon. It seems though the pain always jumps the first intial dose that I get to in about 4 months . . . as if I am taking nothing . . . and then I have to up the dose to get in control of the pain again. I have had no luck with these anticonvulsants (my body doesn't like them all of a sudden) and the pain when it is there is super aggressive.

If it worked, I would buy bigger jeans and continue to eat dried apricots for the constipation (works awesome). Unfortunaltely, weight gain is a common side effect for this drug. Many people also see the bloating around the waist as well. Therefore, I don't see this as a worst case senario but something to think about if you want to try this drug. Certainly, everyone is different and responds differently to medication. It is absolutely worth a try!!

Bulliemom, I hope it doesn't fizzle out either!! I wish the very best for you!!

Kimberly
Rae of Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote