Thread: When In Doubt??
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 10:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Coffeegirl we hear you. I am sorry to say most of us went through this process. It takes time. Mayo is strict. I have heard that.

Some Neuro's there don't believe in treating MS even after a DX is given, that is if you are having very little trouble, like benign symptoms, and able to work, walk, etc.

They will treat your pain and symptoms, but they don't put you on DMD's at the beginning. Some clinics start you right after a dx.

All drs, hospitals and clinics are different. They have their own criteria that they follow. Mayo is one of the best hospital/clinics but maintain to be unique.

It took me three years to get a dx in NYC, and I had symptoms that a Neuro could see. They have to test everything unless you present with "Classic MS symptoms." Some people do, most don't.

Try to relax and forget about it for now. You can't rush them that's for sure. Many people go to a few places before they get one that takes them seriously, and still you have to wait in those places too.

May happiness be at your door. May it knock early, stay late, and leave the gift of good health behind.

"Life is what it is". We can only focus on controlling those things we can control, we must let go of the things we can't.
Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (09-23-2010)