Thread: New Poster
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2007, 03:08 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Cathy,

I just got back from a walk. I walk 3 and 1/2 miles when the weather is nice and I've done it for about 6 years. I use to walk and cry from the TOS and RSD. I'm a glutten for punishment.

I do exercise also. I am having trouble with the stairstepper, I just put it away last week and said no more. I think it's one of the things that sat my leg and foot pain off and made my pelvic pain worse. I bought it new about a year ago but decided it wasn't for me.

I like a treadmill but the button messed up on mine so I can't use it now but with the spring coming on I am hoping I can just take up walking for now.

I am 55 so I am old too. As most everyone knows on here I lost my better half in Nov. so I am now trying to take care of myself. Most of the time it's not working. LOL

I did take my Methadone before my walk. It was time for it so I knew if I waited until time to take it then I wouldn't be in pain for awhile anyway. My nights have been the worst though.

Barb's right about your dental work, I would definately talk to your PM Dr. first he might have some suggestions on how to protect yourself from more pain. I have had 7 surgeries since developing RSD and I have had blocks before every one of them but 2 and that is where my RSD is the worst so I believe in blocks.

Like you I try and keep my weight down so as not to make my medical problems worse so I won't give up exercising but I think you just have to know when to quit and how much to do. I am now lifting 5 lb weights and I just started doing it about a month ago for me that's good with TOS though.

Like I said, I'm either a glutton for punishment or just plain stupid. I just don't give up. Like Hubbywith RSD's husband, I am determined to stay out of a wheelchair as long as I can.

With WC. I have a friend that got his arm ripped off and his guts ripped out about 4 years ago on the job by his own bosses' hands. His boss turned on the machine that ripped it off and he is still fighting WC. His lawyer called him last year and told him not to go hunting because WC was taking pictures of him. Troy has had at least 7 surgeries since this happened to put his guts back in with mash. They have already told him he won't live to see 50. That tells me that WC is the most horrible business out there.

Ada

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote