View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 11:00 AM
anon21816

anon21816

Spoke with my Consultant today about my meds and how I am coping. I told him that I do get some relief in my legs but I find the stim is quite sore when I have it turned up high. But as he said thats because I have to try to cover from my lumbar region to my toes and in order to do that I do need to have some of the settings at high. In relation to my meds he told me to continue for now. As I told him that Im still getting that heaviness and achiness in my lower back. Yesterday my daughter and myself were babysitting my granddaughter So we decided to go for a walk, which took us over to our local park. We did some walking and decided then we should head to the local shop. However, after being in the shop etc when we walked out, the heavens just opened. We had to stay at the shops for 3/4 hourbecause we had no jackets etc........so by the time we could eventually get home, which was over an hour and a half later, I was just pooped. My back was just 'killing' me and I thought I would never get to lie down. Thats what my problem is with the stim, its not helping me that way. But yes in my legs
So my Dr explained that I need to give it more time, as the healing process is quite slow and if I feel that I need the meds to take them. Then when I go to see my rep again my Dr will be there too so I can speak with him then and we will review the meds then. He said that its not 100% guaranteed that the stim would take all my pain, which I knew in advance anyway. I told him Id say Ive about 50-60% improvement, which by my standards is great too
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (09-23-2010), Rrae (09-23-2010)