View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 02:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for your post!

I had found, shortly after my diagnosis, that being in an environment that has alot going on would send my insides into a crazy panic and the sounds were too loud and made my ears feel like bleeding. I couldn't figure it out. And my doctor said I was depressed so I was having anxiety attacks. I knew that wasn't the reason. I met another MS patient from Chicago who informed me the reasons why my insides go crazy is because there are so many things going on that my senses were picking up and since the damage to my CNS causes everything to slow down, it was trying to receive thousands of messages and because our systems are slow it's not processing these messages as they should be processed. It blew my mind when she told me this because THAT made sense. Not anxiety, because I am not a shy anxious person. So I have found myself in the same boat as you my dear. ESPECIALLY when those loud semi's pull up next to me! AHHH makes my insides go nuts.

There are days when my depth perception and coordination are just far too jacked up to be behind the wheel, and on those days I have my boyfriend/friends chauffeur me around.lol. it does suck tho because I thoroughly enjoy driving. Can the state take my license if they knew that?
Again, on my bad days I do NOT drive, but I haven't told them any of that because I am afraid they will take my license.
AynaDee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (09-23-2010), SallyC (09-27-2010)