View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 06:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclelops View Post
OK, I will plunk away with this cast....at least a few of my fingers are free....

MY CURE for chronic pain is a good solid bout of acute pain....the I think I am gonna die kind. Now things dont seem so bad....well, for a while. I am just glad the hand-bone pain has subsided to a dull roar.

Then, of all things...my kidneys dumped on me.

I am off everything but my trusty vicodin, and the smallest titch of pramipexole I can handle. I think if I had left things up to the docs, I would be freaking dead. PN seems the least toxic option, au naturale.....ugh. For me to have neurontin work, I would be a puddle....just a blob in a low spot...a miniswamp witout a name.

pardon the errors.....I am in a cast, in pain and acidotic.

I didn't got much worse on Neurontin as well. It was a period of deep realization and zombification at the same time. Aches I had never had before and Neuropathy got much worse. I fear that this is what most people go thru, but are not so lucky to come to the realization that the medication only begets more medication. When I stopped the Neurontin, I was able to create a baseline from where I could identify what triggers my pain. Once I identified my triggers, I was able to avoid them more and more. I noticed that leaning this way or sleeping that way set it off. So now I was able to avoid the triggers and pain. As well I developed a routine and began walking as much as possible.

I will admit at the time I was taking the Ayurvedic herbs- Bacopa and Gotu Kola which was tremendously helpful coming off the Neurontin as some of its effects mirror that of Neurontin. But, those herbs also combat oxidative stress, lift mood and most importantly don't make you worse. Later I realized the importance of antioxidants and supplements in combating this thing. Although my regimen has changed much over the past 2 years, one of my most helpful supplements has been Pomegranate Extract. I think it is the Nitric Oxide stimulation(circulatory) it affords in addition to its role in combating oxidative stress.

"A robot may not harm humanity or thru inaction allow humanity to come to harm."

-R. Daneel Olivaw
aeb105 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rrae (09-23-2010)