View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 08:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Post Thanks Rrae!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrae View Post
I'm going to quit the Neurontin trial I've been on for 6 weeks. I've been hearing others talk about 'Depression Induced Neurontin'and I've had 2 mental 'breakdowns' and it's not doing me one bit of good.
I give up!
So, for me I guess it'll just have to be the Hydrocodone (Lortab) to be my sidekick for the pain the SCS doesn't cover. oh well The bad part about this is - my tolerance to the stuff is high! I take the maximum dose and then 3 hours later I'm getting breakthru pain again!!

It's good that you are keeping good communication going between you and your docs. I have a journal-type thing that I've jotted down notes and concerns throughout my ordeal, because, yes indeed, it IS an ordeal that drags out and twists and turns are happening all the while. It's good that you are being on the ball with this....and I know it does get frustrating....but it is up to US to be on the ball....I've learned not to 'assume' anything when it comes to what gets charted and what doesn't.
Keep your chin up and keep up the good work.
There will certainly be the 'down' days.....but the good ones do eventually roll around.....

But yeah, that Neurontin is for the birds as far as I'm concerned.
God BLess America for those it helps....but to me it's nothing more than a joke.....but I'm not laughing.....
Grrrrrrr!
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with me! I am so sorry it did not work out for you...or I guess me too. I am also glad you brought up the depression because mine has definitely gotten worse to the point of um....suicidal thoughts so I am definitely telling the doctor tomorrow and getting off of this stuff! Thanks for the encouragement too and I am going to keep at it and figure out how far along the process is and how I can speed it up! Take care and good night
tchr012 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (09-23-2010), Rrae (09-23-2010)