View Single Post
Old 09-24-2010, 02:29 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I know that this may be a bit of a "touchy" subject for some (as it is for me, since I don't want to clearly ID myself for my own insurance people):

But - and perhaps others also want to ask but may also be afraid or reluctant...

What is a Utilization Review or leads to having one? Is it somethng that comes from the insurance company? something that may be related and relevant to W/C? I really do not know.

What I can say or reciprocate with is that I recently received a letter from my insurer about the potential of having a "nurse case manager?"

And... thus... I'm wondering if maybe patients are seeing as you are, and as I am, only the terminology they "utilize" differs.

For all I know, and for now (having not called back the woman who wants to be my "manager'), I could be headed down the road of seeing the same type letter you've received.

Anyway, only share what you feel is okay on the Net - for all the world to possibly read. I know, I definitely won't post info. that can, in any way, hurt my healthcare.

- sorry for any typos; really hard for me, as it is others, to sit and use a keyboard right now -

Bobbi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote