View Single Post
Old 09-24-2010, 09:38 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
I don't have diabetes but I do have MS and I've also stopped using Splenda. I only use Stevia.

Chemar's right......somebody at the FDA had a vested interest in Splenda. I wonder if they use it???
Well, I have done it. Or let's just say, I'm doing it now!! NO MORE INSULIN.

I have been on some kind of med for diabetes for the past 22 years.

that's a lot of medicine to be on, (because I was overweight) and not for any other reason. By my brain could not process this. Took me A LONG TIME to get my brain re-wired about food and processing and all that stuff.

Been 4 days now. No insulin, no diabetic meds, no nothing.

And yesterday was very interesting. I had been reading about how the experts now differ on whether diabetics should or should not have fruit.

Some say watermelon is the best fruit. Some say no, Some say you can have ANYTHING 3 times a day as long as it fits in the palm of your hand, because fresh fruit contains natural sugar and is not refined sugar.

So someone had given me some grapes. LOTS OF GRAPES. I couldn't eat all of these grapes if my life depended on it. So I gave some away to neighbors, and yesterday I had 6 grapes. Boy were they good.

And I noticed my energy level shot up in no time. I felt REALLY GOOD. I said "wow, I have to start eating some fruit (just a bit) every day.

So this morning I bought watermelon at my local produce stand.

From what I am reading, it's all about little meals and staggering the fruit intake so you can have STABLE blood sugar levels without the spikes.

So I am continuing to learn about food and my body.

Only took me 62 years.

lol

Hope all of you are well.

Melody

P.S. It's quite strange not to see a syringe next to my morning supplements. Every morning I would have the pills on the table, with the little methyl B-12 pill BELOW the syringe so I'd remember to take the Methyl B-12 as soon as I woke up and did it on an empty stomach because I had read what Mrs. Doubtfire wrote about how one should take Methyl B-12.

So every morning when I walked into my kitchen and saw the Methyl B-12 and the SYRINGE, well, it's quite strange not to see any syringe on that table.

Hopefully I can continue on this path.

No guarantees, this I know.

But at least I did try.

melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (09-24-2010)