View Single Post
Old 09-24-2010, 10:17 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I know what you mean, Jackie. I haven't been on here for a few days because I've been having some problems with both lumbar and cervical areas.

First, somehow I got my right shoulder really hurting. I think I tried a different cervical program and it really got things hurting pretty bad...almost like the old days when I'd get a bad spasm in my shoulder blade that would take several weeks to go away, gradually. I went back to my former program and am now having to figure out what strength to have it on so I get pain relief while allowing sore shoulder to calm down.

Secondly, I'm having some difficulties with lumbar area. I'm hoping this is just a "you need your remote reprogrammed" thingy. I'm like you in that I really would like coverage from lower back to feet, but am wondering if the increased stimulation that this requires is helpful or actually causing problems. To get the pain in my lower back and hips and down to my feet covered it's causing the muscles in the upper front of my legs to get really tight and sore. So I back it down to where those muscles feel better and, wham, I start feeling it in my back and hips again, and when I get up from having been sitting for a while, I look like an old lady walking for the first few minutes.

My rep. also told me about the needing to have it higher for coverage from low back to feet so I'm a little nervous that maybe this is as good as it gets . But, then I try to console myself that I am only 5 weeks post surgery and was told that things would change as the healing took place etc. So, hopefully for both of us this is the reason for the changes or not-ideal coverage we're experiencing.

I agree that when I turn the units off that the pain comes back so it is helping...hopefully I haven't allowed my expectations to become unrealistic as I so want to get my life back.
fionab is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon21816 (09-24-2010), Mark56 (09-24-2010), Rrae (09-24-2010)