Thread: Baclofen?
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2010, 01:58 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

So, maybe the gait problems were from the spasticity?

I had problems walking earlier this summer when I had some serious problems with spasticity and numbness. The walking seemed better from taking some extra baclofen then.

Sometimes I feel really off balance, but it's not quite vertigo. Vertigo always feels like it's coming from my head/ears. When I was really off balance last week, literally walking into walls, that didnt feel like it was coming from my head/ears. It felt like it was coming from my arms and legs. Like I wasnt coordinating my movements very well. Like my arms and legs were not sure of where they were going and someone was pulling me in different directions every time I get up to walk across a room.

So, I think balance issues arent always from vertigo. It might come from some weird incoordination in the rest of the body. Vertigo feels worse...It's all you can focus on when you have it.

The incoordination problems seemed to be ok if I was sitting down and not moving around much. I didnt focus on it much unless I was walking around and faceplanting myself into the drywall. (we're having work done in our house right now. I keep falling into the wall in my bathroom, which still needs to be painted. Keep getting drywall dust on my clothes)

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote