Thread: New to Forum
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2010, 04:15 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default hercaboo

Hi Annie

I know how you feel in 2006 I started having blackouts and hitting my head on the bathtub, the toilet, the dresser, anything that happened to be in my direct path and subsequently I keep being told that I am repeating myself that I am having full conversations the night before that I have no memory of and I am constantly wondering should I say what I am thinking or have I already said it and don't remember?

At first I was offend and constantly depressed that the people I cared about could treat me this way but now I have started to come to terms with it by simply saying " oh yeah did I tell you.. or something like this, also I talked to my loved ones and told them that it really hurt me and upset me that they couldn't see or didn't care that I was really upset and needed there help. Good Luck I am sure everything will work out in it's own time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieDayNow View Post
Hi there.

My name is Annette (or Annie, if you prefer - I answer to both). I'm dealing with the aftermath of my second concussion this year. One in December when I slipped on ice on the sidewalk and my head hit the pavement. That one gave me whiplash. And then again last month in August when I got hit in the head with a heavy falling object.

I'm having memory issues -- forgetting words and names. I'm also dealing with depression that seems to come and go, as well as some weird "space out" times where I feel like I'm drunk. I'm irritable almost all of the time, now, and can't seem to handle stress very well anymore.

I am hoping to talk to others who understand what I'm going through, and maybe get advice on ways to get better faster.

-Annette
hercaboo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieDayNow (09-24-2010)