View Single Post
Old 09-25-2010, 08:06 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hope this helps..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptcs View Post
I had a auto accident 8/8/08 and suffered a shearing traumatic brain injury. Had double vision for a year that the drs. said would clear up but it didn't. had eye surgery 3/10 that solved the problem.
I applied for SSDI 8/09. To make a long story short, Social Security sent me to there Dr, a internal medicine dr 8/10. In the mean time I went to a psychiatrist who diagnosed me with Post Traumatic Concussion Syndrome. Now Social Secuirty is sending me to their "shrink".
Does anyone think I will win this or should I hire Binder and Binder if I have to appeal?
Before hiring an attorney, has s/s referred you to a neurologist for MRI of brain? A 'shrink' is not a bad thing. It is my belief that the 'shrink' may help you..(not that I like s/s..I'm on worker's comp, no better..) However, having said that, I was diagnosed many years back w/ PTSD. (post traumatic stress syndrome and thru therapy and meds has helped a great deal) In addition,
just last Jan. 2010 suffered a concussion at work place. I would hope the 'shrink' would request a referal for a MRI of brain to rule out additional trauma. Just guessing, my feeling is you have two issues going on.

As a side bar, within post concussion forum, some people, which I used, (now
cannot remember name) recommended a site,..I think something like 'tbl law'..
pls search..they were great! (They did some research and found a wonderful local attorney for me..they are very, very specialized in concussions and post concussion syndrome..you might want to contact them.

Hope this helps..

innocent1
innocent1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote