View Single Post
Old 02-12-2007, 05:48 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default VNS approved for my depression.

This is not RSD related but I was excited about this and wanted to share it with you guys.

About 1 and 1/2 months ago the VNS company and my Dr. filled out the paperwork to get a Vegal Nerve Stimulator approved for my depression. I always told you guys that I give new meaning to the word depression. I never exegerated about that. I have been in councelling for 9 years to deal with this.

For 2 years my Dr. had told me as soon as it was approved for depression by the FDA we would go after it. IT was approved in July of last year but I just found this out about 2 months ago. We thought it would take at least a year to get it approved but my Dr. wrote a very good letter telling of what I have been through and how I kept up with my councelling appts. the whole time.
I was so excited when Kathy from the company called me today to tell me that it was approved and I have an appt. with the Surgeon on March 15th.

After having it implanted, it will take several months for me to heal even though it is just a one day surgery and then it will take several months to get it ajusted to where it is helping me.

I know there is always a possibility that it won't do anything for me but I have faith that it will.

I just wanted to share this good news with you. I'm on cloud 9 about this one.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote