View Single Post
Old 09-25-2010, 11:43 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default new, neuropsych testing

Hello -

This is my first post. At the end of April, 2010 I was a pedestrian in a cross walk and was hit by a transit bus. It turned into me, so thankfully it wasn't going very fast. I was extremely lucky in many ways - it struck my right shoulder and threw me back so I landed on my tailbone and back of my head. The force of the head caused several contusions and bleeds - I luckily did not need surgery after a scary 24 hours for my family. I had bifrontal contusions, a subdural hematoma, and an something with the left parietal as well.

I have been out of work since then recovering. I have PCS, have to take trazedone to fall asleep, apparently my brain has forgotten how to sleep and stay asleep. I am still lightheaded every day, no dizziness. I have issues with all of my senses - I have lost 100% of my smell, and therefore most of my taste. ANd the docs don't seem to care about that which is so frustrating. I also have had issues with my eyes and ears - ears I have tinnitus, which has improved, but still am very sensitive to loud sounds and can't tell where sounds come from. My vision was really messed up when I woke up in the ICU, and has improved immensely but I say I feel like i am in the Matrix - I feel like I am not seeing things in real time. THe Doc says it should improve as the bleeding in my head subsides, which makes me feel like I"m making it up. A computer after a while is hard to look at, and my eyes by the end of the day feel overused if that makes sense.

I have a lot of anxiety and frustration/anger issues - quick to both. I guess I can thank the frontal lobe for that. I am anxious about a lot of things, crossing the street (and not because I'm afraid of getting hit by a bus, I don't remember the accident) but that my judgement is off...

I'm very anxious about going back to work. i have been scheduled for neuropsych testing in October and I am wondering what to expect. Not looking for answers to tests or anything -just about what they may or may not find, be able to help me with. The place I am going is supposedly really good with testing as well as therapy after - I guess I am afraid they are going to say what the eye doc said - you should get better - and make me feel like I'm making it up. I know I can't multitask anymore - I literally cannot do more than one thing at once. I constantly mix up my kids names which i never did before. I realize I did it immediately which is good, but I still do it. I have trouble following a long story especially with distractions.

I guess just wanted to say hello and see if anyone had any info on their experience with testing. Thanks so much.
kdb2010 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote