View Single Post
Old 09-25-2010, 03:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default new, neuropsych testing

Hi,

So sorry to hear of your struggles!

I am about 15 months post concussion and I only started noticing signs of healing after about 13 months but did it ever feel good to have that feeling of "myself" again. I am dealing with alot of the issues still but am finding better ways to deal with them which makes life easier and less frustrating.

I had my neuropsych testing in June and spent the morning doing the "therapy" part, and testing in the afternoon. I was told by my therapist to ask for a break if I needed it, which I found helpful. There were people talking in the hallway outside my testing room and I thought that I was going to lose my mind. I asked the tester to talk to them, and they did.

I had to also ask the tester to turn off her computer because the sound was too distracting. There was a test that involved flashing numbers/letters on the computer and unfortuanely that triggered a massive migraine and I ended up in the ER practically screaming from pain.

So my advice is to ask for breaks when you need them, know that you are going to feel tired afterwards, and don't be too hard on yourself if you can't do things like you could before. I was really upset that I realized I couldn't figure out how to subtract numbers, but with time and practice it got better.

You have been through quite an ordeal, and you need to learn new ways to do things, but you will get a lot of support here.

Best of luck!!
Tengboche is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote