View Single Post
Old 09-25-2010, 04:38 PM
n/a

10 yr Member
n/a

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cblue View Post
The other day my father in law and i were talking about my foot and back probs. He does not know I am on SSDI for bipolar, borderline personality disorder, ocd..etc...anyway, we were talking and he kept saying that I should apply for SSDI...I brushed him off. I love him to bits, and I totally trust him, but he drinks now and again and I fear that telling him the truth would be dangerous because he may slip and my wicked mother in law would start trouble and tell everyone she knows within minutes...he kept pushing the issue, so I told him I had applied but was denied...well, initially I was...so I said I am in the appeal process....I hate to lie to my father in law, he is such a great person, but I can't tell him...what should I say when a year passes and he asks again? I know I have to lie and say I was denied..I guess I am just looking for confirmation that lying is the only way. Other suggestions are greatly appreciated and welcomed!
The Social Security Administration has found you sick. First I would tell your father in law the truth and ask him to let you tell your mother in law. Then I would tell her that you need her support right now because you are sick and fragile and to please not make you feel bad about yourself. I think it would be better for you if the truth comes out, because then you wouldn't have that extra stress in your life. If she calls you a liar and whatever just tell her you're praying for her and you forgive her. The bottom line is the government has found you ill and agrees you need help financially and physically right now. I'm sorry that part of your family doesn't support you and hope things get better for you in the future.
legalmania is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote