View Single Post
Old 09-25-2010, 04:56 PM
n/a

10 yr Member
n/a

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptcs View Post
I had a auto accident 8/8/08 and suffered a shearing traumatic brain injury. Had double vision for a year that the drs. said would clear up but it didn't. had eye surgery 3/10 that solved the problem.
I applied for SSDI 8/09. To make a long story short, Social Security sent me to there Dr, a internal medicine dr 8/10. In the mean time I went to a psychiatrist who diagnosed me with Post Traumatic Concussion Syndrome. Now Social Secuirty is sending me to their "shrink".
Does anyone think I will win this or should I hire Binder and Binder if I have to appeal?
I just saw a documentary on this. This can be very serious, one boy actually died and another became paralyzed. So you need to be careful. Social Security's shrink is going to play down your injuries, so you have to be on your toes. I have helped people get benefits in the past and read some of these psychiatrist reports, one psychiatrist went on and on how one of my clients didn't wear make-up. She was denied so I did a reconsideration and made it a point to explain that my client didn't have the energy to put on make-up and suffered from bi-polar and make-up was the last thing on her mind. I still get mad when I write about it. Anyway she won on the reconsideration. They watch everything you do from the way you walk to how you remember. Good luck whatever you decide to do. Here is some information on it, I would see what symptoms you suffer from and mention them to the psychiatrist.

http://www.adhd.com.au/Post_concussion_Syndrome.htm
legalmania is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote