View Single Post
Old 02-12-2007, 07:10 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Hi clouds,
I would think that it might have more to do with overheating if it's affecting sleep, but I don't know anything much about this at all. I don't know about it affecting heart rhythms but they certainly can hold static. I know I certainly wouldn't ever use an electric blanket, but know that lots of people do.

I tend to carry a lot of static. Just touching the car on windy days sets me off. Maybe it's the type of soles on my shoes that makes it worse. That's just what I think. Touching racks of clothes in clothes shops can be bad as well. zap, zap lol. Using a dryer makes clothes get more charged as well. You can buy these devices/wand thingies (no idea what they're called) that take static out of clothes. They work pretty well. I remember years ago an homeopath told me not to put some homeopathic medicine next to a power point. I thought that a little weird at the time, but maybe there was something to it that I don't know about.
I read a link yesterday about effects of electropollution. I'm not sure where I read it, but might have been in the health news here.

I don't wear too many synthetic clothes at all these days. I try to avoid them 'cause I live in such a warm climate and for various other reasons.
I would think natural fibre like cotton, wool or linen or whatever, would be less likely to make a person overheat though. If I'm overheated my restless leg syndrome plays up, that's for sure.

I read a link yesterday about effects of electropollution. I'm not sure where I read it, but might have been in the health news here.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote