View Single Post
Old 09-26-2010, 05:41 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Heart Thank you so much

For your openness, for sharing, for caring, for reaching out even though this weekend has been VERY DIFFICULT at best for you. You are a trooper who is helping so much in your very offer of support.

Just
Mark56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Mae View Post
I have definitely been there... in that dark and lonely place. I've been through major depression, suicidal thoughts and attempts (more than I'd like to admit/remember), and years of self-injury.

I am not at that place now.. but it certainly doesn't mean I haven't been there or never notice myself slipping back into that spot.. I just have been able to ward it off pretty well for the last few years. Even though I am generally happy (not saying that people who struggle with depression can't be happy, but I sure wasn't when I was struggling), I still have bad days where it would be very easy for me to go down that slippery slope.

I just had a big realization today... so much has happened this weekend. Our basement flooded twice, my mom and I were both sick, my computer totally crashed, my mom and I fought, my brother got in a car accident, I had some symptoms that felt like a very serious medical problem--was sure it was going to kill me, etc. etc. etc. It was a bad weekend and every time we turned around, one more bad thing happened.

I have been irritable and weepy... and while I've always been an emotional person, this weekend, I have just felt like an emotional wreck. It doesn't feel like depression--I don't feel hopeless or incredibly sad. But man, I can usually keep things under control, and this weekend I have felt that everything was totally out of control. It wasn't until I was searching for an answer on something (whether or not to get a flu shot while on steroids) that I made the connection--the pharmacist said that these steroids would most likely cause mood changes. DUH! I feel a bit better knowing that it is a side effect of the medicine... though my doctor plans to keep me on this long term, so somehow, I am going to have to learn to deal with all of these low points in my mood. No idea how... but I have to try.

I am always here to talk to or pray for you guys in the bad times (as well as the good). As I said, just because right now I am not struggling with depression or suicidal thoughts, I have been there--for years on end. I love you guys, and will always do what I can to lend an ear or a supportive hug. Please feel free to talk to me (any of you) if you need someone to talk to. I would be honored to stick by your side in a time of need.
Mark56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rrae (09-27-2010), smae (09-26-2010)