View Single Post
Old 09-26-2010, 09:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Shocked ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conductor71 View Post
I am trying to figure this out. According to scientists, too many polyamines result in increased excitoxicity and result in us losing dopaminergic neurons.
Yet, a PD drug, Selegiline, long purported to be neuroprotective actually fosters proliferation of polyamines. In other words, it may be more harmful, than good? Or does something else happen that balances out or cancels out the harmful effect of the polyamines?

Confusing to say the least...

Laura
Laura, I thought the same thing...we've been on azilect since it became available in the US. I don't really understand this either, if polyamines are not good in excess, why a drug that fosters proliferation of them would be beneficial. Note: We have been on azilect since it became available in the US, and we have definitely progressed, I can't even say I believe it has slowed what progression we would have had if we hadn't been on it. And of course if you take azilect, you cant' take a whole bunch of other stuff which I believe is helpful, like DM, benedryl, etc. Maybe we would have progressed slower if we HADN'T been on azilect, now wouldn't that be the kicker?
lurkingforacure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote