View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 12:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier_Daddy View Post
This is tough. Many many people have asked me what I now do. I have told them I am currently disabled. I won mainly on mental issues. But I have also had 6 knee surgeries over the past 2+ years. So they think I won because of this. Now that the knee is starting to get better people ask me when will I be working again. I would be on the streets without SSDI but it is so difficult telling people that I am on SSDI. I know alot of you say it is no one's business but it is not easy telling 10 brother in laws/sister inl aws all the time I am still off work. I hope to try and work fairly soon. I see my psychologist and psychairist and both of them tell me the best way to get over some mental issues is work. But on the other hand I hate to give up my SSDI for a minimum wage job. My monthly benefits are without going into detail very good. Basically what I am saying is I know what you are going thru. I hear some type of comment from someone everytime I see someone I know.
Pretty much everyone close to me in my family knows my situation. If you can't be honest with close relatives who can you be honest with? One of the reasons that it is out in the open is because my cousin works for the SSA in North Carolina and I had to come clean with her so I could pick her brain for advice.
Shellback is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote