View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 12:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default GN questions

[QUOTE=kkaabboomm;678681]hey -

I thought I'd stop by in case others google GN and stumble upon this site, or anyone here has questions or anything else.

Hi there,
I had a couple of questions for you about your pain and how everything has been for you since the surgery. First of all, I am doing this research for my father who has been complaining about a bad pain in his ear for years. A big problem with diagnosing the pain for my dad is that he suffered from a stroke over 5 years ago and 16% of his brain was damaged by it. He now suffers from aphasia as a result of the stroke which means he cannot speak at all. He gets his "yes" and "no's" mixed up so it is very difficult to have him discribe the pain. He complains about pain in his right ear and the pain can last for a half hour to hours. Somedays he has no pain, somedays the pain never goes away. He has been to countless doctors and nobody has come up with a definetive diagnosis. So I was hoping you could describe your pain and symptoms in more detail so i can ask my dad if this is similar to yours.

I was also wondering about your surgery. It seems like the hospital in pittsburgh does the majority of these surgeries. Did you look at any other hospitals? Why did you choose pittsburgh? Also, is your pain completely gone now? Were there any side effects from the surgery? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Kevin Lundberg
Salida Colorado
kevindow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote