View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 03:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Legalmania response

Dear Legalmania..Thank you for referring that website to all of us! As mentioned previously in forum, suffered a concussion, neck strain, cervical strain January 21, 2010, at my high school where I work. (Unfortunately, tho
not the target, I was hit in the forehead by a large ice ball on school property)..w/c issue. To be succinct, I returned to school August 30, 2010. On August 31,I was pulled in by the principal of the school to his office. His immediate words to me, "We have had 3 reports of you having alcohol on your breath..breathe into my face." I complied, I had nothing to hide and don't drink alcohol.He still had a question mark. He brought in the in-school cop. He went into hard cop mode.."why are you slurring your words, why are you walking unstablely, why are you using the table to get up" and had me do a "breathalizer". I blew zero's. Then in-school cop felt his machine was not working properly and called in a local town cop. I had to do another breathalizer. Again, blew zero's. After, principal asked me what I wanted to do next. I replied, go home. Not only did I feel falsely accused, humiliated and afraid of the rumor mill, I was also SCARED. Called my primary, she immediately referred me to a neurologist. Diagnosis: post concussion syndrome, cervical strain and cerviogenic headache. Am awaiting results from 2 MRI's, one for brain, one for c-spine.

Just to let ALL KNOW, hang in there..if memory issues, email yourself important things, (doc appts, any info re: your case to remember)..easier to retrieve than in 'word' or 'documents'.

..Total Support, I understand.
innocent1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote