View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 03:15 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I'm sorry to hear of your pain and frustrations....

I have been dealing with this MONSTER far less than you... me = 7yrs.

I have like you, considered amputation... actually I have BEGGED and PLEADED with the doctors to amputate. I was told NO!!

Neurologists have told me that the limb would be gone but the pain would remain as this is really not a problem in the limb itself but in the sympathetic nervous system and the brain. The limbs affected are the place where the symptoms and affects of this monster present.

While I don't know the medications or other things that you have tried... I sincerely understand where you are... Medicines and/or therapies either don't work or they do but not as good as we would like and then there are the side effects. All of this is VERY frustrating!!!!

One would think that something as PAINFUL as RSD/CRPS, that was first diagnosed during the Civil War... would have a cure fould by now...yet, there is very little that can be done in the big scheme of things.

Ever feel like a guinea pig being tested on... kind of a let's try this or this or this..... or so on????

I am seeing a new Neurologist (2 visits so far) and from what he has told me there are things for RSD/CRPS that are being researched and either are just starting the trial process or will be soon.
(As these are new things and not made public yet he was unable to tell me what was being examined, tested, researched, as of yet.)

Please consider all factors before deciding on amputation....
Wishing you all the best.
Gentle Hug...
Abbie

Rest in Peace
3/8/90 ~~ 4/2/12
Abbie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (09-28-2010), allentgamer (10-24-2010)