View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 03:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheltiemom View Post
And that goes for me, too.

What glenntaj has described is pretty much me, and it happened almost the same way in January. The exception for a few months were the hands and feet, but they finally got into the act. So that stocking-glove thing isn't written in stone by any stretch.

My sensory neuropathy is very slight, but there. It's all the rest of the stuff described by both of you.

What's really weird is that I had 48 hours of no symptoms to speak of at the end of last week, sudden onset of "normal." They came back gradually as of last evening, but more mildly.

I have been told by all four neuros, two at one pinnacle facility in Cleveland and two at the other one that my case is "unusual." It sure is.

SheltieMom,

I was diagnosed Cleveland Clinic with SFN (from nerve biopsy)as well, but I suspect there is long fiber involvement as well. Also said I have a vestibular problem(still investigating), something neck related and some possible degenerating discs(they retracted or downplayed that after a second MRI).

Can you think of any activities/food/drink prior to your recent bout that might have precipitated it? Laying on my stomach, leaning over in a chair, looking down to read, craning my neck to hard left, twisting my torso while keeping lower body steady. Spending time or wearing out these positions will start it up. It would be great if we could do mass surveys and look for correlations based upon this data. Might find some interesting stuff to help people.

"A robot may not harm humanity or thru inaction allow humanity to come to harm."

-R. Daneel Olivaw
aeb105 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote