View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 06:00 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Tyson, Who doesn't want to be "normal" who has MG. You are NOT normal nor will you ever be unless you go into remission. That's something only you can deal with. You may possibly want to list what your priorities are, such as finishing college is more important than staying up late to socialize. You have to do a little give and take before MG takes too much.

I know of someone who is Mestinon, Immunosuppressants and IVIG. Only after all that can this person work. The side effects are overwhelming as can be the potential for some nasty infections, as you well know. I know that you and your doctor have discussed all the treatments already, so it's not going to be a surprise that you want to try IVIG. Plasmapheresis has slightly more dangers, according to the neuros I've talked to, but both have risks. You're the only one who can make that decision, along with your doctor.

I hope you can figure out a way to manage the MG, school, treatments and the rest of your life. It can be very tricky, can't it? Take care.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote