Thread: Newly dx MG
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 06:15 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

RJTJMomma, Welcome. From your name, it sounds like you may have a child or two. MG can be tough for those with kids but it's doable.

Everyone gave you great advice already. If you haven't been to these websites, they may give you more info:

www.myasthenia.org
www.mdausa.org

I'm a big proponent of having a pulmonologist as well as a neurologist. If you ever have an MG crisis, those two specialty doctors work together. Do you have any shortness of breath? It's good to know what your baseline readings are so that they can know how "relatively" worse you may get. They do basic breathing tests plus the neuromuscular disease specific ones of MIP (maximum inspiratory pressure) and MEP (maximum expiratory pressure), which show how strong your chest wall muscles are doing at breathing in and out.

Reading past posts is very helpful with knowing the variety of treatments, especially if they try to give you Prednisone right away. Pred can be really hard to wean off of.

I hope you will ask more questions, especially of your neurologist. I hope the appointment goes well.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote