View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 04:16 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Utiliization Reviews are part of the new work comp laws that came in when Arnold Schwazeneggar supposedly was going to clean up work comp. I even voted for him!

Well, what they've done is that even in admitted cases, if your doctor wants to give you medicine or do a surgery, they put it in their report which goes to the insuranc co. The adjust then sends out a UR from some "junky doctors" to say "patient doesn't need this, refuse immed." Then your doc has to respond again, and your attorney, and then your attorney files for a hearging, and we have to wait for the hearing, then testify and wait for a decision.

In NEVER was intended for medications alone.

Yet this is what they are doing to many of us.

The doctors then get burned out on you, and fire you as a patient...

It is sad, illegal, and in my case, may kill me. If I die, hey, I'm only worth a hundred thousand - but alive, millions over the years.

And what are insurance co. sole object? To squeeze every penney out of the case...

In your case, a case nurse manager is supposed to help and guide you through the injury to the right doctors, surgeries, and recoveries, whatever is right for you.

But you are entirely right. They are not your FRIENDS. Don't "chat" with them cuz EVERYTHING you say will be written down and used against you at some point. If anything happens that starts to look like they are going against you, then you must get an attorney. Even if you don't think your case is work comp, EVERYONE should get a free work comp analysis with an attorney just to make sure you're not giving away rights.

God bless you.
tshadow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
astern (09-30-2010)