View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 08:03 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Alice, You may have an even bigger fight because you are a doctor. You would think the truth would be more important to them than being right. It's only controlling personalities that choose their version of what's right over what's best for a patient.

I'm so glad that you look at trends in tests too. It was the trending of my white blood cell count to almost below normal that got me thinking about a B12 deficiency back in 1998. I always look at the trends of my tests now and not the absolute numbers. Same for my dog too! He has pancreatitis and the smallest clues are the best at determining how he is doing.

The doctors during my MG crisis got it so completely wrong with me, I can't even deal with what they put me through. They even did blood gases while I was on oxygen. What they should do is teach doctors HOW to think and think creatively in med school.

It makes me so sad for what patients like you go through. Like you, I know I should've been given a Bi-Pap back in 2005. Why do they wait until things get so dire? They tout preventative medicine and yet can't quite do that for their patients. If I'm on the way to kidney failure from not breathing well at night, I think it would be more important to keep me from it than for them to prove a point.

I know of someone who was given a Bi-Pap due to "daytime sleepiness," who didn't even have hypoxia - not even close. No apnea or anything. It's unreal.

I'm sure I'll figure this out sooner or later. Thanks for your help, especially since you are so busy and often not feeling well.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote