View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 12:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sephiro499 View Post
Does it exist and at rent adjusted for income? I've seen plenty of senior housing ads on craigslist and such but none for the disabled. I live in maryland and can't even afford an apartment here. I'm disabled due to anxiety mostly but I'm not a senior citizen; I'm 30 years old.
I am guessing that it depends a lot on where you live. I am not aware of any housing specifically for people with disabilities in my town, though there are low income housing options that are ADA accessible.

However, when I went to college 45 miles away from here, there was an apartment building for disabled people that was based on income.

I'd do some research for you, but "Maryland" is too vague--for anyone to give you information on your specific area, we would need to know your town. You should be able to go to google and type in "Housing disabled town name" or "housing disability city name" and it should pull something up for you. Good luck.

♥ "Hope is more than a word; it's a state of being. It's a firm belief God will come through. Life brings rain... hope turns every drop into the power to bloom like never before." -Holley Gerth ♥

My name is Sarah and I am 25 years old. I have a lot of chronic health problems. Peripheral neuropathy and POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome) keep me bedridden the majority of the time. I also struggle with degenerative disc disease, disc desiccation, spondylolisthesis, arthritis, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) with insulin resistance, allergies, sound sensitivities, and other health problems.
smae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote