View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 08:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffer View Post
I have been on Gabapentin since 1998 following c/3-c/4 lamanectomy that caused nerve pain mostlly in the right side of my back and chest. Some additionally in my right hand and right foot. I have, over the course of the past many years, tried all of the anti seizure drugs in combination with Gabapentin. But, it has been my drug of choice. Last year I added Cymbalta, and while it may have helped some I did not like the side effects. Since about April or May my pain level has increased. At first I attributed it to a change in manufacturer of Gabapentin. (I have experienced problems with that before.) Then when I returned to the damp Northwest from the dry desert where I spend my winters I blamed the weather. But, even on dry good days Gabapentin does not seem to cut the pain like it used to do. I have added some Topamax and it "may" help a little for a short time, but not much. Until April of last year I had reduced my intake of Gabapentin from 4200 mg per day to 3200 now I am up to 4800 or higher.
For some time my doctor had wanted me to try Lyrica. However, as I was doing OK on Gabapentin I never saw any real reason to switch and the price was so much higher. Any comments?
Thanks
what dosage of topomax are you on? lyrica is a more potent version of neurontin and I believe 600mg is the max but should stop P/n pain in an elephant at the does
zorro1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote