View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 08:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused not sure about his perceptions

Hi Leesa, to read your bio - you have been through a variety of health care situations!!! congratulations on being a survivor.
None of the "professionals" read anything into his reactions to his situation. By that, I mean, that he wakes up not knowing where he is several times a night. Has a terrible night's sleep, in fact, sleeps better in the day, but who has time with all the PT, OT, ST, etc! He tells the night staff the craziest stuff, related to me the next day, believes that he has gone home, to the office, to a different room, different rehab, it's like a list of abductions! To know my dad, before this he has been a full time analyst in an insurance company, very independent, loving and spoiling grandpa, survived his wife's death three years earlier, so is living alone... You can guess how his world is just rocked by this.

Well, thanks for listening...his surgery is probably next week, we have stumbled upon an awesome surgeon who seems just absolutely inspired compared to the last team we endured. He has a three point plan that made my dad really happy to know about - so fingers crossed!
ginadacq is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote