View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 11:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leesa View Post
i have degenerative disk disease, scoliosis, lordosis, herniated disk, osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, severe sciatica (permanent) and peripheral neuropathy. LOL My right leg/foot twitches, stings, burns, feels like there's water running down it, and is numb at the same time if that makes any sense. Plus there is severe pain. Now I KNOW that doesn't make sense, since it feels numb, but there it is. The pain feels like it goes all the way to the bone. My doc just switched my med to the fentanyl patch and I'm not doing so hot. I think he and I need to "talk." LOL

I don't mind telling what I have - my life is an open book! Hugs, Lee
I totally understand all your descriptions, I have much of the same combinations. Sometimes I can't even believe I am really feeling all these things at once. Mine is more concentrated in legs and arms, hands & feet, but every so ofter I get a prick, jab, twitch, sting or burn somewhere else. Never know where at any given moment, makes life very interesting, never a dull moment, I feel like an electrical cord! If I don't joke about it, I will scream & cry......

I just went to another neuro today......he wants me to get a skin biopsy, thinks I may have non-length dependent peripheral neuropathy. I have heard of neuropathy that people have just in feet and hands and sometimes cannot stand sox or shoes or bedsheets touching their feet. What does someone do with it all over body? I may have to join a nudest colony!! There I go joking again.......so I don't cry!!!

How progressive is neuropathy, I wonder........
Mine seems to be getting worse, or I am building a tolerance to this Gabapentin (900mg/day)

If this keeps up, I will be on morphine in no time!
invisable is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (08-22-2015), tamiloo (08-25-2015)