View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 04:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Back to the doctor

So I saw the WC doc yesterday, actually one of his partners as he's on vacation. She's going to send me to a neurologist --good, I think. And she took me off work for a few days.

Sigh. I guess I needed the time off (I'm pretty useless at work right now). But then I had to take the dr's note into the office and give it to my boss. I could see him gritting his teeth in an effort not to say anything.

I can't help but feel I just took an axe to my career. Even if I fully recover (which the docs keep telling me I will, owing to the mildness of my injury), I don't think things will ever be the same at work. It's not like I am a habitual absentee -- I've worked there 11 years and I could count the sick days I've taken on one hand. Until now.

I guess I'll try to take it one day at a time. But just thinking of yesterday makes me cry. Of course, since the injury, everything makes me cry. I feel as if 15 years of emotional growth just vanished. I just (irrationally) want everything back the way it was.

I'm not sure what the universe is trying to teach me, but I hope I learn it soon so I can move on to the next challenge.

Thanks for listening,
Annie