View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 06:47 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Prayers are being answered!

"We have some praises! First, Claire has had some nausea that seems to come in waves, but no vomiting. In fact, she is eating and drinking. Normally, after one day of chemo, she completely stops eating and drinking. We were also expecting the severe nausea and vomiting with this particular cycle. It just hasn't happened. She has also gained some weight, at least two pounds since her last chemo cycle. God continues to surprise me. Just when I think I have it figured out.......

Also, the surgeon came to see us today with some great news. The CT scan shows the tumor has shrunk by at least 1/3 of it's original size. Surgery is going to be tricky, but he thinks he can completely resect all of it. There was some concern initially that they would not be able to resect all of the tumor, but the surgeon feels like he can get it all with some fancy camera work. Another positive is that this tumor is showing signs of maturity which is a good thing. I am not sure how all of it works, but Claire's tumor is not growing at a fast rate. In fact, it may have stopped growing by the time we caught it. This also means with a total resection, she will have less radiation.We don't have the exact date, but surgery will be the week of 10/18. We'll post as soon as we know.

Please pray for us as Seth's brother, Nick, is getting married 11/5 and we really don't want to miss this special time in their lives. Also, Seth is in the wedding! We are trusting the Lord for perfect timing. He has overwhelmed us with goodness and we continue to trust His plan for our lives.

So, we are here until Friday morning. I will update by the end of the week unless something changes. We have had some visitors and have enjoyed it so much. Claire's favorite visitor was uncle Nick whom she performed many scary tricks for attached to her IV machine. She became a different child when he showed up and so I think he will have to plan on staying with her for all of her hospital visits. Having my sister here has really made this round easy. Thank you to our friends for getting her here!!

The boys are doing well. It is hard for them to be away from their mom so much, but they are handling it well. Please make sure when you speak to them, not to ask them how Claire is doing. Instead, ask them how they are doing. Another parent shared this advise with us at the beach last week and I thought it was very thoughtful."
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hollym (10-01-2010), SandyC (09-30-2010), smae (09-29-2010), soxmom (09-30-2010)