View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 10:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Yes, imark3000. I was prescribed this drug many years ago, when it first came out in the U.S. It was a true blessing, because it thoroughly relaxed my entire body and allowed me to sleep for about 8 hrs at a time. It continued to work well for maybe 5-6 yrs. Then, as with most drugs, it's effectiveness began to subside. It worked less well to help me sleep, but it VERY much helped with my depression. I still take it (30mg at nite) today for depression.
As for other drugs that have helped my muscles to relax and steady PD "tremor", I wish more attention could be brought to "ambien". If the developers of this drug could eliminate or reduce the "sleepiness" and "hypnotic" effects of ambien, I firmly believe it could be used to GREATLY reduce the stiffness associated with PD. I have brought this to the attention of the manufacturer of ambien on at least a couple occasions, but never received a reply. Has anyone else experienced this with ambien? Thanks.

These forums are for mutual support and the sharing information only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by qualified health care professionals. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read about here.
toyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
imark3000 (09-30-2010)