View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 10:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default there might be help

Hello.
Sorry I have been away from the site lately. I strongly suggest that your sister talk with Dr Kaufmans office and see if they can offer some help. I had a nerve transplant and you may have seen some of my posts on here in the past. Several others I see have been to Dr Kaufman too and I hope you are doing well. I'm coming up on my 6 month anniversary since my surgery. The jury is still out but since my last post I did run 1/4 of a mile. Considering that I could only run about 50 ft prior to my surgery i only look for good things to come. You can find him on the web at the advanced reconstruction surgery website. Good luck and If you have any questions please post. There are many of us out there with some form of this problem and there is help for many if we can only find the right person to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katielynn88 View Post
Hi,
I am looking for some resources or some advice. My sister in law who is 34 and has 5 children raging in ages from 16 all the way down to 2 had a shoulder injury about 4 years ago. And 2 years ago she underwent surgery to repair some of the damage. while in surgery, the surgeon severed her phrenic nerve. since then she has to be on oxygen 24/7, not only that she also went and had a fairly new procedure done to her called the hemidiaphremic pacser it is a machine that has wires sticking out of your body and it is supposed to help the diaphragm move. well it isn't working. so i have been doing some research on nerve transplant..Has anyone here had the procedure done and if so how are you now? My sister in law is always sick and this is no way to live life especially as young as she is any advice would be wonderful
Thanks have a great day and God Bless
fredebassett is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote