Thread: Any Advice?
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 11:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grettas3 View Post
Hi,
I have been lurjing and reading but have never posted anything untill now. My husband was injured at work in july 2009 and ended up having rotator cuff surgery repair done in December of that same year. He wasn't healing like expected and had terrible pain and was diagnosed with CRPS.

He was sent to a pain management doctor who has put him on Neurotin(sp?) and percocet for the pain. They tried to give him all different types of pain drugs but everything else seems to freak out his system and he gets agitated and mean and feels like crap. After a few months on Neurotin he wasn't getting much relief and was sleepy all day...but couldn't actually sleep. He would be up untill anywhere between 2-4 am then sleep till noon.

He was switched to Lyrica and was up to taking 4 of those per day, then he had chest pain with sweating and felt dizzy and would fall asleep in the middle of the day but still cant sleep at night. Since these side effects have been happening he has gone down to 3 lyrica a day and will take the percocet in the evenings at about 5 pm and again about midnight. I used to wake him up to give him a percocet at about 8 am every moring to help keep the pain under controll during the day and also to help him sleep a few more hours. He hates that I do this...he doesn't like the drugs but he is in so much pain and a bear without them.

He is only 41 and I feel so horrible for him, I wish I could help make him better. Do you all think he should keep taking his meds in the morning or is it ok to skip them? I feel like he may make it worse but letting his pain get so bad that his brain will react by making his CRPS worse. Is that possible? I have been reading so much online about this disease but everyone has a different oppinion its confusing...any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!
Gretta

Hi Gretta,

Very sorry to hear of your husbands complications. I had shoulder surgery that led me down the same road your husband is now going, mine being 2 1/2 yrs ago. Very similar scenario and issues. You can PM me, if you like, for more specific thoughts.
Dubious is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote