View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 08:07 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thanks for sharing!

Hi Lori,

Thanks for sharing this very heartfelt post. I am a caregiver, like your husband, so I cannot even pretend to say that I know your pain.

But, in reading your post, it is very apparent that you are an amazing woman, and I am certain that even though at times your husband may be overwhelmed with the situation, he realizes that he has been blessed to share this very challenging journey with you.

It is also evident that you have overcome tremendous obstacles, and continue to do so each and every day, so although you are looking to the forum for additional coping skills, and I can't really offer much advice ... I am confident that you will continue to find the strength and wisdom to cope.

Thank you for your post. It really touched my heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorigood243 View Post
Hello Friends

Its one of those days....I have had internal RSD for 5 years that has me mostly in bed all day. My care taker is my husband of 28 years. We use to have such an active life before this struck me following gallbladder surgery. I was just diagnosed with RSD 3 months ago and finally have better meds so Im not in constant pain, but it hasnt helped me be free enough to walk well. Oh i also have 75lbs of edema on the right side of my abdomen and now within the past 2 weeks, my left forearm has started to swell. I know RSD may worsen over time...Im not ready to accept that. Its too overwhelming. What can be worse than being stuck in bed at age 48? Well at least im not stuck in bed in constant pain anymore...so thats a blessings! I work from home selling office supplies. I had been doing this for 20 years before I got sick, so i am blessed i have work i can do from home. My hobby is making jewelry for myself and friends and family. I have always been the main bread winner, while my hubby was a stay at home dad raising our twin girls. Now our girls are 19 and off to college. So he is here taking care of me. We lost our home 2 years ago because my income went way down when i got sick. Now that I am out of pain, I am able to work more and hope to get our income back up.

So thats a picture of my life. He is 58 and he is devoted to me and has taken care of me for the past 5 years. He is a loner, always has been and doesnt have any friends. His world is me. He use to have hobbies...but went away after I got sick. He reads alot and watched TV and cleans the house and is a great chef. He doesnt drive because he lost vision in one of his eyes, so we go out about 3 times a week if I drive us, which i fortunately can still do.

Do any of you have a similar situation where RSD has down scaled a great active life that you once had and its just you, your caretaker and RSD? Hubby and I get along great but of course get on eachothers nerves now and then. With all of my health problems there is no chance of having an intimate relationship that we once had. RSD robbed that too. I think hubby is depressed but wont see a doctor about it. I dont feel depressed like i need meds to help me, but Im certainly not happy about my situation. But I dont cry over it i just deal with it, what else is there to do?

Any suggestions on things to do to improve my quality of life for me and especially my hubby? Sometimes when your in the middle of a room full of problems, you cant find the obvious door to open to get a breath of fresh air...

I appreciate your thoughts
Lori
jenno is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
loretta (10-01-2010)