View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 12:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Congratulations dear!

I didnt know i had RSD when i got pregnant but i was surprised with twin identical girls born 6 weeks preemie. i was 100% healthy going into the pregnancy. i had a C sec and all hell broke loose after...i was in pain head to toe and suffered until 3 years later and was diagnosed with fibromyalgia.

then i suffered until practically crippled for 10 years. i had a prayer healing and it was a miracle...in an hour i was pain free and jumping around like a little kid...thank you God. i was healthy for 5 years until i had another surgery...gallbladder and now have been sick for 5 years with internal RSD and mostly bed ridden. i also had another abdominal surgery because a plastic surgeon thought he could remove all the swollen tissue on my abdomen and maybe it wouldnt grow back...but that surgery nearly killed me. all other kinds of bad health things have occured in me.

so my suggestion is to avoid a c-sec if possible or anyother surgery. i would not have had a choice with my c-sec...even if i knew i had RSD. i had other problems that could have hurt the babies if i had a normal birth. but i would never have had the 3rd surgery if i knew about rsd.

just wanted to share my experience...not to scare you. i was only diagnosed 3 months ago with RSD so im just learning about this illness. there are many people here that can help advise you more.
peace and blessings to you and your family
Lori

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiemania View Post
Hi-
Im 24 years old and have had RSD for 9 years. It affects both legs and hands. I just found out Im pregnant and just wanted to get some information from pther people who suffer from RSD.

Im currently taking lamictal and celexa. Does anyone know how this will affect my pregnancy?

Any advice would be greatly apprciated!

Thanks
Jenna Delaney (10-01-2010)