View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 12:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Barbara, I had didnt qualify for medicaid either but then my state put inplace what is here called MEPD. It is for people with disabilities who do make too much but can do at least a little work to even part time. At a little you pay no premium. If work partime you pay a very tiny premium. It is Medicaid for those that can work.

Now I assume you dont live in my state as I have never heard of points for disability qualification. But if this has anything to do with how disabled you are it seems by what you say that you are worse so does that change this points status?

Also when was the last time you check with human services in your state. There could be changes. It never hurts to ask.

Annie59

Quote:
Originally Posted by BARBARA356 View Post
I went to the orthopaedic doctor yesterday and she said I have Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction. I have to wear braces on both my feet. Has anybody else had this with MG? Today for the first time my upper arm strength is very low. it aches to do anything with my arms. My eye is droopy and my feet ache. I was working a 10 hour a night shift on my feet, i told my boss today I have to quit. My problem is when I quit I will lose all the little bit of part time insurance i have. It will not cover my braces anyway.
I am so worried. My health is going downhill and I am not eligible for Medicaid, my husband makes too much on his disablility, I don't have enough points for my social security disability. I really need your ideas.
Annie59 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BARBARA356 (10-03-2010)