View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 03:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Just got home from visit with Neuro-Ophthamologist and he prescribed a regiment of Pred. He feels I should see an improvement in my vision in 3 days. However he said it’s possible that nothing will happen. I also have to monitor my diabetes very carefully during this period.
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieB3 View Post
Alice, Thanks, I do know they aren't exactly the same but I was honestly wondering about the reasoning of giving it for double vision. I like when doctors think outside the box but where is the evidence? I was trying to question the logic without overwhelming Mike with all this stuff. No offense, Mike, it's just a lot to take in at first. And it does need to be supervised - I hope Mike has that confidence in his neuro.

Mike, Generalized MG means that it is not isolated to your ocular muscles. I've always thought that to be sort of silly since even those who supposedly have only ocular MG have been found to have positive SFEMG's in other muscle groups.

Get yourself a good pulmonologist. I actually go to my pulmy first when I'm getting worse. Why? The breathing tests are more indicative of how I'm doing than the neuro's clinical exam, which sometimes doesn't happen after they've know you for a while.

If you ever get weaker quickly or even slowly much weaker, over a period of hours or days, you need to go to the ER. If your breathing is bad, for example, you need to dial 911. It's hard to predict how quickly MG will get worse. Don't be stubborn! For anyone who's had it happen, it's quite scary. Do you have a good hospital close to you? Do you know if they are adept at handling an MG crisis? It doesn't hurt to check that out.

We all want to be "normal" again but the chance of that is pretty slim. Not to take away your hope or anything, there's always hope for remission. You may have to change the way you view your life, how you do things, how you adapt to things. If you can do that, you may be able to live more happily along side MG.

Annie
pingpongman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote