View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 04:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie59 View Post
Has anyone had a doc that would do prostigmine injections for treatment not just testing? I ran across one person a while back that said they had it onhand for bad breathing attacks. I would be so so so grateful at this point if I could just get it once a week. To have one really good day.....maybe this sounds odd but to me it doesnt.

The next morning after the injection I had in the hospital while I wasnt dancing around the room at least I could see near normal and I woke with an ease of breathing I sure normally dont. Now I just had my second conversation with my current neuro about this cause I had to stop the prostigmine pills cause my body couldnt handle them. Some pills my body struggles with. I acutally got dryer on the prostigmine which is opposite of the norm for this drug. About 5 days in I felt like I was hung over and wasnt drinking enough water tho I drink a lot intentionally by internists orders.

Annie59
The answer is yes, I have used them for more then a year on a pretty regular basis. But, it is possible that you will have the same side effects that you did with the oral form, although, sometimes the adverse reaction is not to the active ingredient but to other elements that are added to make it an oral agent and then an injection would not cause the same problems. I injected them sub-cutaneously or IM whenever I had more severe symtpoms which could not be controlled with mestinon alone.
alice md is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote