Thread: Any Advice?
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 04:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Dear Gretta,

I also suffered a work injury to my shoulder, and had rotator cuff repair surgery. But when I couldn't get better, I let them do a 2nd repair ("debridement") 50 weeks later. What a mistake! Your husband is lucky that his RSD has already been diagnosed. I was diagnosed 6 weeks or subsequent to the 2nd surgery, but probably had had RSD for quite a while. My RSD spread from my right shoulder to my neck and my head and then through my right leg.

The sooner RSD is treated the better the outcome. After lots of different meds (I threw the Neurontin and Lyrica out after a few weeks on each - YUKKK! - Topamax has fewer side effects for me), about 200 units of PT, triggerpoint injections, 8 stellate ganglion blocks, a lumbar block and 8 lidocaine infusions, I finally started receiving low dose outpatient ketamine infusions in April of this year. Ketamine helped me get back to work after a one year LOA. I still get sick, but not as often. And I am off the heavy opiods.

Good luck to you and your husband. I really hope you find the treatments that work well for him.

XOXOX Sandy
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote