Thread: Confused
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 08:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Unhappy Confused

Hi,
My name is Mary. My husband was dx with RSD/CRPS in August of 2009, so even though we are new to this, I can tell it is going to be a battle.
He had shoulder surgery in May of 2009, therapy, then RSD in his left hand, arm, and shoulder. It has since moved into his chest and back. Now it is going onto his right shoulder, arm, and hand. He cannot lay down, has been sleeping in an office chair sitting straight up for the past year. He cannot even sit in a recliner because it puts pressure on his back.

We live in Ohio, south of Canton. We have already been to different doctors (confirmed by 5 Dr's) tried a ganglien block which they could not do because he cannot lie flat. Did a interscalien block which made it worse, electrical blocks of some kind, which made it worse, Went to a RSD clinic at Univ. Hosp in Cleveland, but after 4 visits told him they cannot help him because he cannot lay down ( which he told the Dr. on the first visit). He now has edema of both legs, and stasis ulcers of both. Our attorney is supposed to be working on connecting this to the RSD for Insurance (comp) purposes.
We are trying to find someone to help. Any suggestions? This clinic just gives him vicodin 10's and says come back when it needs refilled.
Al1952 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (10-26-2010), dreambeliever128 (09-30-2010), fmichael (10-27-2010), loretta (09-30-2010)