Thread: Confused
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 11:59 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Mary,

I had no luck at the University Hospital in Denver. To me they are a learning hospital and use people for guenna pigs until they figure out they can't learn from us. I went up there about 25 times and got passed around from Dr. to Dr. until I figured out they didn't have a clue.

I slept in a recliner for about 3 years. The first 8 years with RSD was a nightmare. I actually think I was dealing with it since 1987 after an etopic pregnancy. Just wasn't diagnosed until around 98 after TOS surgery.
My best help has come from my PCP and PA. I never had any luck with PM Drs or Neurologist. Some do though. I think with Drs. it's the luck of the draw. You find that right one and you are extremely lucky. You just keep looking until you do.

I have had blocks, PT, triggerpoint injections and take Methadone for the pain and use lidocaine patches.

From what I see on here in reading what everyone goes through, the road doesn't seem to get shorter or easier.

If you stick around you will get some good help. Also too, don't let the desperation that comes with this cause you and your husband to make rash decisions on tteatments, research them first and also don't think you have the perfect Dr. just because you like him or her. Keep an open mind at all times.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (10-26-2010), Al1952 (10-26-2010), loretta (10-04-2010)